To check the balance on your Kroger Gift Card, use the options provided below (phone number, website, store locations). Before you check your balance, be sure to have your card number and pin code available. All questions regarding your gift card balance should be directed at the merchant that issued the gift card.
Kroger Gift Card Balance Check Information
Kroger Company History and Overview
The Kroger Co. started in 1883 when Barney Kroger opened a grocery store in Cincinnati, Ohio with his life savings of $372. The company's operations has grown to over 2,400 stores under various brands throughout the Midwestern and Southern states, and has established many firsts in the industry.
Kroger was the first grocery chain to open its own bakery, the first to sell meats and groceries in the same store, the first grocery chain to allow shoppers to scan their own groceries, pay for them and package them without the help of a cashier, the first U.S. grocery store to utilize the electronic scanner, and the first grocery store to initiate consumer research to find out what the shopper wanted to buy.
With over 40 food processing plants making a wide range of products, 1,900 in store pharmacies, warehouse stores, jewelry stores, department stores, Kroger has become one of the largest companies in the United States today.
Kroger Gift Cards
The Kroger Co. issues a prepaid debit gift card that can be redeemed at its family of stores, to purchase either fuel or Kroger products. When the card is presented for payment at a cash register, the purchased amount is deducted from the card balance and the new balanced will be printed on the sales receipt. At this time the gift cards cannot be used to make online purchases.
The gift card does not carry the name of the card holder, so it can be used by anyone and no identification is required for its use.
Kroger gift cards can be purchased in stores or online for your convenience, in denominations from $10 to $250. After purchase, the gift cards are non-refundable and they can only be redeemed in the United States.
Kroger gift cards provide good value because there are no hidden fees and the cards will never expire. Unlike other cards, the Kroger gift cards do not decline in value and they are good for purchases up to the limit of the denomination that was purchased. They can be used for purchases of multiple brand products associated with Kroger.
Advantages of using the gift cards include the following:
- The cards can be redeemed at all Kroger family store locations
- Cards can be re-loaded at the store
- Balances of different Kroger gift cards can be conveniently combined on one card
- Gift card are completely transferable to another person
The gift cards cannot be used for the purchase of lottery tickets, other gift cards, money orders, stamps, Western Union products, and fishing or hunting licenses. Once a gift card has a zero balance for more than 90 days, the card becomes inactive and cannot be reloaded.
Kroger Gift Card Balance Check
Use the following options to check the balance remaining on a Kroger gift card:
1. Call the Kroger gift card customer service center's toll-free number at 1-866-822-6252 to be connected with the automated system. You will be asked to provide your account number and pin number, before the remaining gift card balance will be provided.
2. Look online for the gift card balance by keying the web address "https://www.gcbalance.com/CheckBalance.aspx" in the address bar, and you will be taken to the company's "Check Balance" webpage. On this page enter the card number and the pin number in the boxes provided. Both the gift card number and the pin are located on the back of the card.
If the pin is not available, you may call 1-866-822-6252 for assistance. Once these numbers are keyed in, click the "Check Balance Now" button to receive the gift card balance.
3. The remaining gift card balance will be printed on the sales receipt you receive after you make a purchase with the gift card.